Practice Areas | Abear Law Offices
Dedicated Divorce Lawyers in Wheaton, Illinois
At Abear Law Offices, we represent clients throughout DuPage County and Kane County in matters including:
- Divorce—The dissolution of a marriage and all of the other issues that arise from these proceedings.
- Complex Divorce—High-net worth divorces often involve complex issues that include business valuations, enforcement of prenuptial agreements, business valuations, and more.
- Child Support—Payments typically made from the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent.
- Child Custody and Visitation—Arrangements for where children will live and when/how frequently non-custodial parents will be able to visit.
- Family Law—Helping clients navigate the legal system without disrupting life any more than necessary.
- Adoption—Legal matters pertaining to familial and non-familial adoptions.
- Domestic Partnerships—Arrangements establishing rights and responsibilities between unmarried couples
- Domestic Violence—Protecting clients and children from abusive situations now and in the future.
- Paternity—Establishing the parentage of a child in relation to support, custody and visitation issues.
- Prenuptial Agreements—Setting expectations for how property, support and other issues will be handled should a marriage end in divorce.
- Post Decree Modifications—Making changes to existing family law arrangements as circumstances change.
- Arranged Marriages—Handling the dissolution of arranged marriages with sensitivity to cultural issues.
- Maintenance/Spousal Support—Mitigating the financial impact of divorce on the lower-earning or unemployed spouse.
- Property Division—Determining the equitable distribution of marital property.
- Mediation—Negotiating divorce agreements outside of litigation.
- Business Valuation—Determining the value of a business for distribution in a divorce.
- Hidden Assets—Uncovering assets unethically concealed by one spouse from another.
- Guardian ad Litem—Under Illinois law, courts may determine the need for the appointment of an attorney to represent the best interests of a child.
Attorney Anthony Abear is experienced in handling all of these matters, many of which intersect with one another. If you have a family law matter and are in need of skilled legal counsel, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our firm is dedicated making our clients lives easier as they navigate the often challenging family law system.